Monday, October 28, 2013

Bargaining away the baby

Savannah has been super into building with blocks lately.  She loves building elaborate "towns".  One day, Lily found a town and quickly demolished it.  Normally, I make a comment about her being a monster or something and we laugh about it, but not this time.  Savannah was beyond upset.  She was sobbing uncontrollably as I tried to calm her down.  Then she said,

"I'm going to put Lily in the garbage!"

"Savannah, you can't.  Think about how sad she would be in the garbage; she would really miss her family."

"Fine.  You go find her a new family with a mom, dad, and big sister."

"I'm not going to do that either;  I love her too much."

"Mom!  These are the choices!  You either find her a new family, or I will throw her in the garbage.  She will go to the dump and burn forever (someone has been watching too much Toy Story 3...).  What do you choose?!?"

We instead chose to give her some space until she decided to keep her sister around.

No comments:

Post a Comment