Friday, October 4, 2013

Why I deserve to go to jail

Remember the kitties? Yeah, who could forget them, right? They control my life. Seriously. My awesome sister heard that Lily never got to play with her kitty, and so she decided to buy MORE KITTIES.  A few my days ago, we got three beanie baby kitties in mint condition. They are Lily's, which causes some problems.

Last night, I was getting ready to take Lily up to bed. I gave her the three kitties. Savannah flipped. She started screaming about how she wants 8 kitties, not 5. And then the inevitable happened. She screamed, "I hate you, Mommy!"  I calmly said, "I'm sorry to hear that, I love you very much," and I took Lily upstairs. 

That should be enough, right? The little girl I gave birth to and have loved so much screamed that she hated me. What else could she possibly say?

But, apparently simply hating me wasn't enough. I overheard her tell Corey, "I want to lock mom up in jail with the longest key ever so she dies."  Well, alrighty then. Corey told her that if she said that again she'd lose a bunch of toys so she stopped. But, holy crap! How vindictive is that? She's only 3!

Anyhow, I put Lily to sleep. Nothing makes a baby appear sweeter than an older kid who wants you dead. Then I went back downstairs. As soon as Savannah saw me she said, "Oh Mommy, I really, truly love you. I don't actually hate you. I am glad you're my mommy." And then she hugged me. Obviously, Corey put her up to it, but she sounded sincere enough. I told her that I loved her too. Then I casually mentioned, "So, you don't want me to go to jail anymore?" Corey groaned, "Oh, you heard that part?" Savannah said, "Well, no, probably not. If you went to jail, me and Lily might get kidnapped."

I knew I was good for something!








No comments:

Post a Comment