Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Why members of the ward think I'm a horrible mother

Remember Savannah's kitties?  I probably sound like a crazy person, featuring 16-year-old toys in my first two posts, but those little things are apparently an important part of our day-to-day life.



Anyhow, on Sunday, per the norm, the kitties came with us to church.  Every week Savannah begs us to let her take them to primary, and every week we say no. 

This week, when Savannah got out of class, she ran to the library (Corey's the ward librarian, best calling ever) and lo and behold, Lily was clutching two of the five kitties for dear life.  Savannah started to beg for us to take them away and we refused.  So, she took Brown Kitty and started "making" her say, "Don't let Lily near my kitty sisters!  We all hate her! We hate Lily! We hate Lily! We hate Lily!"  

Obviously, even if it is under the guise of her toy expressing itself, chanting about hating her sister is not okay. Especially in church.  So, I took brown kitty and gave a it a very serious lecture, iterating that Lily is a member of our family and if it can't learn to love her, it will be kicked out of our family forever.  

I was doing this behind the counter when Sister M walked in and and exclaimed in shock, "You're threatening to kick her out of your family?!?", thinking I was talking to Savannah.  She must have thought I was such a horrible mother!  Then I explained that I was talking to the toy cat.  So now she probably thinks (knows?) I'm just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment